Moderator for Using ICT (for Statutory Assessment skill areas)
Moderators review the centre or school assessment of learners or pupils, working to the agreed assessment criteria and our procedures.
Requirements (Primary Only)
Typically a moderator must:
- attend a specification specific Briefing Meeting for each series;
- moderate a specified number of centre or school samples;
- complete paperwork providing feedback on how accurate and consistent the centre's or school's assessment decisions are in meeting the agreed standards; and
- complete a written report to be sent to the centre or school.
We require newly-appointed moderators to attend a training event, usually held before the Briefing Meeting.
Criteria (Primary Only)
To apply, you must have:
- experience teaching Cross-Curricular ICT in a relevant sector for at least three years in the last five years;
- involvement in providing support to teachers and implementing Cross-Curricular IT/ICT for at least three years in the last five years;
- experience of using one or more of the following:
- film/moving images;
- music technology;
- online communication;
- working with sound; and/or
- interactive design (programming).
- knowledge of the NI Curriculum and new assessment arrangements for Cross-Curricular Skills;
- experience of making teacher-based assessment judgements;
- capability and willingness to work both independently and as part of a team.
Ideally, you wil have:
- involvement in assessment of pupils in the former ICT Accreditation Scheme (2009−2013);
- experience of agreement trialling processes and/or experience of internal standardisation;
- experience of curriculum and/or other assessment development beyond the scope of an individual school;
- completed relevant or recent professional development or training in Using ICT;
- experience of working in an online environment; and
- experience of end of Key Stage assessment.
We also welcome applications from teachers and lecturers who are fluent in Irish, or have experience in Special Educational Needs, who are qualified in this specification area.