Key Stage 3 teachers are invited to attend half-day sessions in October, as detailed below.
Purpose of the Sessions
To provide teachers with a solid approach to developing Communication and Using Mathematics, within their area of learning, through appropriate teaching, learning and assessment.
- To identify how developing the Cross-Curricular skill of Communication can lead to improved outcomes in these subject areas;
- To explore opportunities for developing Communication Skills within existing schemes of work; and
- To provide opportunities for professional dialogue with other teachers and with CCEA support officers.
- To receive guidance on how to develop the Cross-Curricular skill of Using Mathematics, in the line with the statutory curriculum;
- To explore examples of Using Mathematics within their subject; and
- To work directly with CCEA personnel to identify how to develop Using Mathematics through their own teaching and learning.
How to Book a Place
Morning sessions are from 9.30 am - 12.00 pm and afternoon sessions from 1.00 pm – 3.30 pm. The following sessions are available:
(9.30 - 12.00)
(1.00 - 3.30)
(9.30 - 12.00)
(1.00 - 3.30)
|Monday 10 October||North West Teachers' Centre, Derry/Londonderry||Science||Mathematics||Mathematics||Science|
|Tuesday 11 October||The Clounagh Centre, Portadown||RE||History||T&D||Geography|
|Thursday 13 October||Fortwilliam Resource Centre, Belfast||LLW||HE||HE||LLW|
|Monday 17 October||Technology Education Centre, Omagh||HE||LLW||LLW||HE|
|Wednesday 19 October||Antrim Board Centre||History||RE||Geography||T&D|
|Friday 21 October||EA Headquarters, Dundonald||Mathematics||Science||Science||Mathematics|
Teachers can sign up to a session of their choosing by booking a place online via the Curriculum events page:
Registration is now open and will close approximately 5 days prior to each event. Each teacher wishing to attend must register separately for each session. Places are available on a 'first-come, first-served' basis.
Please note - if teachers wish to attend a morning Communication session and an afternoon Using Mathematics session (or vice versa) on the same day, attendees should make their own lunch arrangements.
Please note that teacher release of a half-day is available per session. The code will be provided within the confirmation email.
If you have any queries regarding booking a place on one of these sessions, please contact Martine Ireland on 02890 9026 1200 ext 2605 or email email@example.com
If you have any queries regarding the content of the sessions, please contact:
Roisin McCreesh on 02890 261200 ext 2635 or Edel Ní Chorráin on 02890261200 ext 2719.
Using Mathematics Sessions
Gavin Graham on 02890 261200 ext 2658.
Note to Editors
Media enquiries to MarComms, Mobile 07718 424 373, Email firstname.lastname@example.org