Change of name on Certificates

CCEA does not change details, including names, on a qualifications certificate once it has been issued. A qualifications certificate is a historical record, showing the candidate’s name and achievements at the time of the award.

The exception to this is where a candidate requests a name change on the original certificate because of gender re-assignment. If you wish to apply for your name to be changed on your original certificate because of gender re-assignment please send the following to CCEA:

  • a completed application form;
  • two photocopies of current identification (do not send original documents).;
  • either a deed poll certificate or a statutory declaration.